This is a ministry created to cater for the transition group between Sunday School and Youth mostly for those aged between 13 and 18 years. It is meant to take over for those who get confirmed by the Bishop to continue discipling them and reaching out to them and their age-mates in schools. We refer to those who instruct Teens as Teens’ Mentors because of the coaching role they also are expected to play. The Teens Ministry was approved by the Diocesan Synod in 2016 to set structures that would see it run as an independent department with a full time, Coordinator at the Diocesan level. We are looking forward to the realization of the same.
The aim of the children ministry is leading children into a living relationship with Jesus Christ. The ministry focuses on entrenching firm Christian foundation through teaching, mentorship and capacity building and enabling them to grow in faith and live life in its fullness. The diocese has identified this as a strategic ministry and will invest adequate resources in it. Effective children ministry will be achieved through development of appropriate curriculum, identification of necessary infrastructure and commitment of financial resources with special emphasis on staffing and capacity building of ministry workers.
• More parishes embracing the need to have Children Workers.
• Participation in the Provincial Brigade Officers Conference held at Butere Girls High School in April 2017.
• New and improved teaching manuals for Sunday School prepared by our very own teachers.
• Partnership with other denominations and like-minded Children organizations.
• Continuing implementation of the Diocesan Strategic Plan for Year 2014-2023.
• Teachers Team Building Activities: Retreat, Fun Day and Goat-Eating done every 1st May (Labour Day) of every year.
• Conferences, Workshops, Trainings and Seminars for teacher and officers.
• Children Brigade Camp held in April 2017 at Rowallan Ngong Road.
• Teachers Trainings both at Parish and Diocesan levels.
• Organizing Training of ToTs to help maximize on equipping the high number teachers joining the ministry every now and then within our parishes.
• Better networking and communication among Teachers through Emails, WhatsApp, and Facebook, mobile phone messaging and calls.
• Incorporating new Sunday School Teachers and Brigade Officers joining us from others dioceses to Nairobi and orienting them to our systems.