Rev. Parin Kabeu -Teens Ministry Director
This is a ministry created to cater for the transition group between Sunday School and Youth mostly for those aged between 13 and 18 years. It is meant to take over for those who get confirmed by the Bishop to continue discipling them and reaching out to them and their age-mates in schools. We refer to those who instruct Teens as Teens’ Mentors because of the coaching role they also are expected to play. The Teens Ministry was approved by the Diocesan Synod in 2016 to set structures that would see it run as an independent department with a full time, Coordinator at the Diocesan level. We are looking forward to the realization of the same.
Achievements in Teens’ Ministry:
Mentorship trainings of Teens Mentors
- 30% of Teens Offering being submitted from the parishes to set pace for Teens Department
- Teens’ Festivals and Games done annually with climax at the diocesan level.
- Teens Camps in December holidays every year since Year 2012
- Good will from clergy and church leaders, which include hiring of full time Parish Teens Workers,
allocating Sundays to give Holy Communion to Teens in their service and also some Archdeaconries
have a clergy allocated specifically to oversee the activities of Teens.
- Low number of Teens Mentors at local church level
- Insufficient training and exposure for Teens Mentors on handling teens
- Lack of facilities and proper funding for learning and other important activities