Mrs. Tabitha Waweru
The President of the Mother’s Union, Nairobi Diocese
Is an international Christian charity that seeks to support families worldwide. Its members are not all mothers or even all women, as there are many parents, widows, singles and grandparents involved in its work. Its main aim is to support monogamous marriage and family life, especially through times of adversity.
Its vision is of a world where God’s love is shown through loving, respectful, and flourishing relationships.
Aim & Purpose:
To demonstrate the Christian faith in action by the transformation of communities worldwide through the nurture of the family in its many forms.
In order to carry out this aim, Mothers’ Union’s objectives are:
• To uphold Christ’s teaching on the nature of marriage and promote its wider understanding.
• To encourage parents to bring up their children in the faith and life of the Church.
• To maintain a worldwide fellowship of Christians united in prayer, worship and service.
• To promote conditions in society favorable to stable family life and the protection of children.
• To help those whose family life has meet with adversity.
The aim of the Mothers Union is to nurture women spiritually to enable them uphold the family that is the unit of operation not only the church but also the nation at large. The Diocese will support this ministry as a realization of this as the basic units of operation.
Mother’s Union appreciates you so much for being part of the M.U work which includes enrollment, Mothers union quota payments, Mothers Union fellowships, The Mothers Union annual magazine, the Mombasa conference, thanksgiving services, Mothers Union Prayers for the last three years and the dinner held at Pride Inn. Without your support, we would not have gone the far we are. Receive our gratitude and may the Lord expand your territories.